TECHNICAL OFFICER – STATE PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTRES NETWORK
Outline job description
1. Support the development of a strategy and implementation plan to address ongoing gaps in the
operations of Public Health EOCs in Nigeria, based on recent assessment
2. Develop a framework for standardization of Public Health EOCs in Nigeria
3. Support the development of Nigeria’s EOC network including modalities for collaboration,
communication, data sharing, training etc
4. Support the development and update of standard operating procedures for use by Public Health
EOCs in Nigeria
5. Support the design and implementation of simulation exercises for public health
emergencies/disasters, as well as webinars and other training for the network
Qualifications and Requirements
Master’s degree in public health, Epidemiology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of Public Health.
Demonstrable experience in emergency preparedness and response programmes/response to outbreaks and other Public Health events
Demonstrable experience in conducting training activities including simulation exercises
Knowledge of the role of Emergency Operations Centres within the Nigerian context is essential
Demonstrable project management skills
Proven ability to produce precise reports and briefs with attention to detail
Proven experience of stakeholder engagement
Well-developed computer skills.
Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of relevant social, political, and ethical issues
- Ability to work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex operations and teams
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills - Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working relationships with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control National Reference Laboratory staff, State level laboratory colleagues and other stakeholders at national and State levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team working skills
The positions carry a competitive remuneration package.
How to apply: Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET human resource web application direct address Click here and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.