The purpose of NCDC’s website and social media pages (referred to as NCDC’s online platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and WhatsApp) is to serve as a communication channel with the public, enabling the institution to share timely public health information. This includes the latest guidelines and advisories, press releases, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials and data about infectious diseases in Nigeria. These platforms are also used to respond to enquiries within our mandate.
All information, data, messages or other material, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that the sender, and not the NCDC is entirely responsible for all content they share via NCDC’s online platforms.NCDC’s online platforms should not be used to:
- Post or make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful
- impersonate any person or entity;
- post or make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- post or make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in exchanges;
- stalk or otherwise harass another; or
- collect or store personal data about other users.